How to record a trail from the App
Don't have the Wikiloc App yet? Get it here!
How to create and record your own route on Wikiloc
Record a new trail from scratch:
- Go to the "Record Trail" tab
- Click on "Start recording"
- Start recording your route:
- You can create Waypoints as you move forward
- To "Pause the route", press on the red square
- Useful if you want to cut a part of a route, for example when you need to deviate for just a moment but do not want it to appear on the route.
- In the event that you need to rest, there is no need to hit the pause button as the App already takes this into account and calculates the total time and the real-time in movement for your trail. More information
- "Finish the route": Fill the route information sheet (Name, Description, Activity, Roadmaps, Level of Difficulty and Photos), and choose if you want to "upload" it or if you want to save it as private "only local copy".
- Save the trail.
Record a trail that you are following:
While you are following a route, you can also record your own version after finishing it. Here we explain how.