How to follow a trail from the App?
Don't have the Wikiloc App yet? Get it here!
Do you want to know how to start following a Wikiloc route?
- Whether you are searching the route from the "Explore" app tab or from your "Profile" tab, once you enter the trail sheet you will see a "Follow Trail" button.
- Once you press it, your device will automatically download the route on your App's local storage and open the "Record Trail" screen.
We recommend doing this step with a good Internet connection, preferably with a good WiFi.
(Wikiloc Premium required to download the route on the App, except for Wikiloc ORG trails.)
- To start following this route, click the "Start Following" button.
If you want to follow it another day, you will be able to access it from the "profile" and "saved trails" tab.
- Once you click on the "Start following" button, the trail will turn into a "following" status (indicating "recording" in case you want to upload your own version after tracking).
We recommend you download our free offline maps and follow the trail offline. You will save battery!
- Once you get closer to the track, the device will give you navigation directions to follow the trail.
In the upper-right part of the screen, you will see a compass. The map will change and rotate depending on your position. If you want to keep the static map and see it always oriented to the north, click on the compass.
- When you complete the trail, you will have the option to "Save" and upload your own trail version to Wikiloc.
Remember that you can check your downloaded and ready to follow trails in the "Saved Trails" section of your " Profile" tab.