How to navigate a trail offline
With Wikiloc's free offline maps, you can follow trails without Internet data or mobile coverage while saving your battery.
To follow a route offline:
- Before following the trail, from the comfort of your home and with a good Wifi connection:
- Save the route in the App: App > Bottom of the trail's screen you want to follow > Click on "Available Offline"
- Download the free offline map of the area where you want to follow the route: Help
- While following the route:
- Change the map display from online to offline: Help
- App > Bottom of the trail's screen you want to follow > Click on "Navigate Trail"
- If you want, you can disable the data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or even put your mobile in airplane mode. This will help you save your battery!
If the outing is long, it is highly recommended that you bring a replacement battery. Keep in mind that the colder it is, the less the batteries last.