How to navigate a trail from the App
Don't have the Wikiloc App yet? Get it here!
Do you want to know how to start following a Wikiloc route?
- Whether you are searching for the route from the "Explore" app tab or from your "Profile" tab, once you enter the trail sheet you will see a "Navigate Trail" button.
- Once you press it, your device will automatically download the route on your App's local storage and open the "Record Trail" screen.
We recommend doing this step with a good Internet connection, preferably with a good WiFi.
( Wikiloc Premium required to download the route on the App, except for Wikiloc ORG trails.)
- To start following this route, click the "Start Navigation" button.
If you want to follow it another day, you will be able to access it from the "profile" and "saved trails" tab.
- Once you click on the "Start Navigation" button, the trail will turn into a "navigating" status (indicating "recording" in case you want to upload your own version after tracking).
We recommend you download our free offline maps and follow the trail offline. You will save your battery that way!
- Once you get closer to the track, the device will give you navigation directions to follow the trail.
In the top right part of the screen, you will see a compass. The map will change and rotate depending on your position. If you would rather keep the map fixed in one position so that you always see it oriented to the north, click on the compass.
- When you complete the trail, you will have the option to "Save" and upload your own trail version to your Wikiloc profile.
Remember that you can check all the trails you have downloaded in the " Saved Trails" section of your " Profile" tab. They’ll be there waiting for the day you want to follow them.