Creating a Waypoint with the App
Don't have the Wikiloc App yet? Get it here!
Mark the most relevant points of the trail you are recording!
In the recording screen, whether you're on the Map view (where you see the track on the map) or the Stats view (where you see the accumulated statistics), you can see a "camera and flag" button.
By tapping on it you will create a new Waypoint by taking a picture.
- Your device will ask you to choose the App to open.
- Click on your camera option, take the picture and click on the "tick" button
- You will access a screen to fill out the data of the new waypoint.
On the waypoint creation screen, you can fill the following information:
- Waypoint type: Select from among 40 different types (eg summit, lake, river, waterfall, fountain, cave, risk, panoramic view, wildlife observation, shelter, parking, etc.).
- Waypoint name
- Add photos
If you don't have time to fill out the information at the time of the Waypoint creation, you can do so at any time before uploading the route:
- While recording: Click on the already created waypoint flag on the map.
- At the end of the recording: In the trail form (prior step to the trail upload).
Once uploaded to Wikiloc, you can edit it on Wikiloc's website.
If you want to create a Waypoint without taking a picture
Press the button a couple of seconds until the two options are displayed. Choose the "flag" option: You will record a Waypoint without having to take a picture. You will directly access a screen to fill out the details of the new Waypoint.