Creating a Waypoint with the App
Don't have the Wikiloc App yet? Get it here!
Mark the most relevant points of the trail you are recording!
On the recording screen, whether you're on the Map view (where you see the track on the map) or the Stats view (where you see a summary of statistics), you can see a "camera and flag" button.
By tapping on it, you will create a new Waypoint and take a picture.
- Your device will ask you to choose the App to open.
- Click on your camera option, take the picture and click on the "tick" button
- You will access a screen to fill out the data of the new waypoint.
On the waypoint creation screen, you can include the following information:
- Waypoint type: Select from among 40 different types (eg summit, lake, river, waterfall, fountain, cave, risk, panoramic view, wildlife observation, shelter, parking, etc.).
- Waypoint name
- Add photos
If you don't have time to fill out the information at the time of the Waypoint creation, there are two options to do so later on before uploading it:
- While recording: Click on the previously created waypoint flag on the map.
- At the end of the recording: In the trail form (final step before uploading the trail).
Once uploaded to Wikiloc, you can edit it on Wikiloc's website.
Creating a Waypoint without including a picture
Press the button a couple of seconds until the two options are displayed. Choose the "flag" option: You will record a Waypoint without having to take a picture. You will be sent to a new screen where you can fill in the details for this new Waypoint.