What is the group & ungroup tool?
Trails can be composed of one/several itineraries plus their waypoints (if any).
If a route is already grouped, you will see an "Ungroup" option when you put the cursor over the trail name on "your trails" list (top right part of the Wikiloc web, "profile" drop-down menu, click "your trails", list will be appearing on the left side of the screen).
GROUPING & UNGROUPING TOOLS CAN BE USEFUL IF YOU WANT TO:
Add a Waypoint to a trail:
If you forgot to create a waypoint while recording or if you just want to add some more, you can do so following this steps:
- If you have the waypoint in .gpx file, just upload it to Wikiloc and skip to step 3.
- If you know the location of the Waypoints:
- Create a trail manually with the trail drawing tool from the Wikiloc Website.
- Don't bother about the track. You can create an invented short itinerary around the waypoints area, point the waypoints and save the trail without adding further information.
- Once the route is up, in the "your routes" left list, locate this new itinerary and click on the "ungroup" button (now the itinerary and each of the waypoints will appear separately).
- Delete the track of that new trail.
- Group the original track with the original waypoints and the new ones (below we explain how).
Join stages from a long trail or merge two tracks:
If you have made a long route in several stage recordings, you can group them in a single route as follows:
- Upload all routes separately to Wikiloc
- If they have waypoints, ungroup the trail.
- Group the different itineraries with all waypoints into a single route.
HOW TO USE THE GROUP TOOL?
- Select the base track (itinerary) that will contain the rest of waypoints/routes by clicking on its name in the left list (ex: click on the name of the track "Yosemite Valley Loop" (1) and it will remain selected).
- Choose the waypoints/tracks you want to group using the "eye" icon (2). You will see how the eye changes its color and how the itinerary appears on the right map.
- When you visualize everything you want to group on the map, click on the "group" button of the bottom-right part of the list (3).
- A new window will open with the names of the selected waypoints/tracks and base track. Review the options and finish the process clicking the "Create Group" button (4).
- Once the group is created, a single location formed by your grouped data will appear on the main screen. The type icon has changed to "group". (5)