The App has stopped recording and a straight line appears on the trail
Don't have the Wikiloc App yet? Get it here!
Have you recorded a route which track has a straight line?
Did the App notify you of a recording stop while you were recording a
Android has an energy-saving optional system which automatically stops Apps that are running in the background when resources needed.
- On the App's "Profile" tab, click on "Settings" button.
- Click on "Advanced Settings" and then on "Troubleshoot Recording Problems"
- Click on "Open Settings" (the App will take you to your device's battery optimization configuration screen)
- In the upper header of the screen, click on "Not optimized Apps" and change it into "All Apps"
- Search Wikiloc's App from all the installed applications.
- Click on Wikiloc and select "Don't optimize" and apply the changes by checking "Done".
- It is also highly recommended that you perform steps 2 and 3 with the system Apps called Combined Location and Location Services.
Still not working?
Another action that helps to skip the energy-saving system, avoiding a particular App to be closed, is the following:
- Open Wikiloc App
- Click on your device's square button (normally on the bottom-right part). This will open a "recent tap" preview, (red number 1 in the screenshot)your device's "recent tab" button
- Click on the el "lock" symbol on the upper right corner of the app tab to avoid it being forcibly closed by the energy-saving system, (red number 2 in the screenshot).
Xiaomi smartphones are provided with some battery savor protection. Here is how to disable it:
- Open Settings and go to Additional Settings.
- In Battery and performance, you'll find Manage battery use of applications.
- In this page, you should select the Off option instead of the default Normal option.
Alternative instructions (copied from http://en.miui.com/thread-162531-1-1.html):
- Pull the toggle bar, hold the GPS to reach GPS Settings > Enable "Allow background location"
- Return to GPS settings > Background location access > Allow the App by selecting it
Also do this,
Settings>Additional Settings>Battery>Manage app battery usage, now disable/turn off the following options.
- Manage app battery usage
- Restrict apps when the battery is low
- Then reboot the device and check.
Also, check this:
Security App>Data Usage>Data Usage Stats, select the apps and check whether "Background data" is allowed or not.
If you are using a Xiaomi Mi5, you can do further configuration:
Security > Battery > Battery saving > Wikiloc > Without Restrictions > Background location > Allow
Huawei smartphones are provided with some protection to ensure that the battery will last a long time. This protection must be disabled to let the apps continue running while in background mode.
To let Wikiloc execute in background while recording tracks just follow this steps:
- Open the Huawei system App " phone manager", select the "battery" pictogram. Disable the "Energy saving mode" and the "Ultra saving energy mode" options.
Disable the automatic power management for the Wikiloc App:
- Go to your device's "settings", "Apps & notifications", "Apps"
- Tap the Wikiloc App option
- Tap on "battery"
- Disable the "Ask about intensive consumption"
- Within "start" section, disable the "automatic administration" and activate all elements on the "manual administration" section. You can see the power manager app in this video:
Open settings > battery > power saving mode > battery optimization > Wikiloc > don't optimize > save
Access Battery settings > App Power Saving > Details > Wikiloc > Disabled
Also make sure that the global battery saving mode is disabled as well: