OnePlus: Straight line while recording a trail
Don't have the Wikiloc App yet? Get it here!
Have you recorded a trail that shows up as a straight line?
GPS tracks can be inaccurate and diverge from reality due to:
- A weak GPS signal: This may be caused by carrying the device at the bottom of the backpack, in a pocket, or even due to the presence of clouds or rain, as well as being in forests, canyons, gorges, etc.
- An inaccurate GPS chip: Mobile phone manufacturers choose chips for each device, and due to the great diversity that is available, the variation can change a lot depending on the smartphone model.
- An energy-saving system as part of some smartphones’ standard default settings, depending on the mobile manufacturer.
In this help article, we show you how to fix this problem on most mobile devices.
SPECIFIC STEPS FOR ONEPLUS DEVICES:
On OnePlus mobiles you need to disable the automatic battery optimization for the Wikiloc app, so that the system does not apply GPS usage restrictions when the screen is off. Follow these steps to disable automatic battery optimization:
- Open the app Settings on your device > Battery, we recommend disabling Power saving mode.
- Open the app Settings on your device > Battery > More settings > Optimize battery use > Wikiloc, choose the Don't optimize option.
Open the app Settings on your device > Battery > More settings > App battery management > Wikiloc, enable the options Allow background activity and Allow auto launch.