OnePlus: Straight line while recording a trail
Don't have the Wikiloc App yet? Get it here!
Have you recorded a trail that shows up as a straight line?
GPS tracks can be inaccurate and diverge from reality due to:
- A weak GPS signal: This may be caused by carrying the device at the bottom of the backpack, in a pocket, or even due to the presence of clouds or rain, as well as being in forests, canyons, gorges, etc.
- An inaccurate GPS chip: Mobile phone manufacturers choose chips for each device, and due to the great diversity that is available, the variation can change a lot depending on the smartphone model.
- An energy-saving system as part of some smartphones’ standard default settings, depending on the mobile manufacturer.
In this help article, we show you how to fix this problem on most mobile devices.
SPECIFIC STEPS FOR ONEPLUS:
Battery > Battery optimization > All apps > Wikiloc > Don't optimize.
With OnePlus smartphones, it has also worked by locking the App:
- While the Wikiloc App is open, click on the "square button" on your device (usually in the bottom-right corner).
This will open a preview of "recent tabs".
- Click on the "lock" icon (upper-right corner of the app tab) to keep it from being forcibly closed by the energy-saving system.