Realme: Straight line while recording a trail
Don't have the Wikiloc App yet? Get it here!
Have you recorded a trail that shows up as a straight line?
GPS tracks can be inaccurate and diverge from reality due to:
- A weak GPS signal: This may be caused by carrying the device at the bottom of the backpack, in a pocket, or even due to the presence of clouds or rain, as well as being in forests, canyons, gorges, etc.
- An inaccurate GPS chip: Mobile phone manufacturers choose chips for each device, and due to the great diversity that is available, the variation can change a lot depending on the smartphone model.
- An energy-saving system as part of some smartphones’ standard default settings, depending on the mobile manufacturer.
In this help article, we show you how to fix this problem on most mobile devices.
SPECIFIC STEPS FOR REALME:
- Settings > Battery > Disable "Smart Power Saver"
- Settings > Battery > Custom Power Saver > Wikiloc > change the power saving setting from "Intelligently Restrict Background Running (Recommended)" to "Allow Background Running".