Send trails from Wikiloc to your Garmin GPS (Compatible devices: Garmin Connect IQ App)
Wikiloc App for Garmin Connect IQ wonderfully covers the basic need to download a trail from Wikiloc to your Garmin GPS with the utmost ease. Once you have the route in your Garmin, you can rely on the native navigation capabilities of your Garmin to follow the track in the outdoors.
- Have a compatible Garmin: Compatible devices on the "Compatible Devices" tab.
- Garmin operating system: at least version 2.2.
- Have the Wikiloc App on your Garmin: Download from the Garmin Connect IQ Store
- Have the Garmin Connect App on your smartphone:
- Have the Wikiloc App on your smartphone:
- Have a Wikiloc account: Create one here
- Have a Wikiloc Premium subscription or the former Navigation Pack.
You don't meet the requirements?
- Send trails from Wikiloc to your Garmin (Noncompatible devices: Garmin Connect): Instructions.
- Download trails from Wikiloc's website and transfer them to your Garmin's SD: Instructions.
Install the Wikiloc app on your Garmin. You can do it from Garmin Connect IQ's website: Download
Make sure your phone has Internet access and your Garmin is connected via Bluetooth with your smartphone's Garmin Connect App. Please refer to the Garmin Documentation to do this.
Open the Wikiloc app on your Garmin. The app will send you a notification from Garmin Connect IQ on your phone.
Make sure that notifications are enabled for the "Garmin Connect" app on your smartphone's settings, and that this app is in the foreground while performing the pairing.
Enter your Wikiloc login information.
You will need a password, if you have created your account using the "Continue with Google/Apple" buttons, please create a password through this link.
Make sure that the Wikiloc app on your smartphone is logged into the same account that has Wikiloc Premium (sometimes one may have created another account by mistake). You can check the logged-in account from the Wikiloc App > "Profile" tab, and check if you have a Wikiloc Premium subscription from the Wikiloc App > Settings > Products)
Once done, you'll see the "Connection successful!" message on your Garmin. Now, your Garmin is connected to your Wikiloc account!
Now you'll see a screen informing that you still don't have trails pending to be transferred.
On your phone, open your Wikiloc App, go to “Settings” and make sure that you’re logged in with the same email and password that you’ve entered in step 3 (see above).
Now you are all set. Find a trail of your interest through the Wikiloc App on your smartphone or through the Wikiloc Web, tap on the "Send to your GPS" button and then tap on “Send to your Garmin” button.
On your Garmin, open the Wikiloc ConnectIQ App and tap on “Continue” or press “Start” to confirm the download.
The trail will be automatically transferred and stored locally into your Garmin GPS.
You can enjoy the trail now!
Find it later in your Garmin > Activity type > Navigation > Courses.
Can I unpair a device from my account?
The paired devices will appear on your Settings page on the Wikiloc web. Be aware that, once unpaired, the Wikiloc ConnectIQ App will ask you to log in again.
I don't have a Wikiloc account yet, how can I sign up?
Go to Create your account and enter your email, username, and password. The device will be paired to your account, but it's still pending to validation. Check your inbox, as you should receive a validation email with a link to validate your account. Open it and you'll be set to send your favorite trails to your Garmin!
In the smartphone Wikiloc App (Android / iOS), there’s no “Send to your Garmin” button.
If the "Send to your Garmin" button does not appear on your Wikiloc app for smartphone, please open the Wikiloc App on your Garmin GPS and follow the on-screen instructions.
If nothing appears on your Garmin screen, you probably have two accounts and accessed your phone's Wikiloc App through a different account from the one you used to sign into Garmin's Wikiloc App. To check it:
- Account paired to your Garmin: from the Garmin Connect Mobile app > Apps of your Garmin > Wikiloc > Settings.
- Account paired to your smartphone's Wikiloc App: from your smartphone's Wikiloc app > "profile" tab.
Make sure that from both devices you're logged in with the account that has Wikiloc Premium:
- If you need to switch the account linked to your smartphone's Wikiloc App: "Profile" tab > Settings > Log out.
- If you need to unpair your Garmin GPS from your Wikiloc account: Open the Wikiloc app on your Garmin > Press the "up" button or the menu (button with 3 lines) for a few seconds > unpair.
Follow the pairing guide process again if needed. When you see "There are no pending routes", it means that it has been correctly paired.
In the Wikiloc App for Garmin Connect IQ, I got the “Error connecting to Wikiloc. Check your phone’s Internet/Bluetooth connection” message.
That means that the App cannot reach the Wikiloc servers. Make sure that your phone has Internet/Bluetooth access and that the "Garmin Connect" app is open at least in the background.
If you still have issues:
- Check if your Garmin is properly paired with your smartphone's Garmin Connect app.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi on your Garmin. Your Garmin might be trying to connect via Wi-Fi (it should do it via Bluetooth).
In the Wikiloc App for Garmin Connect IQ, I got the “Oops! You need to update your Garmin GPS firmware” message.
The Wikiloc ConnectIQ App requires software features that have been included in the most recent firmware versions for your Garmin device. You should update your Garmin device firmware.
I get the message "No trails pending" after sending a trail from Wikiloc to my Garmin.
This means that you used two different Wikiloc accounts to sign in from Wikiloc and Garmin. We recommend you to unpair your Garmin from Wikiloc and try to pair it again using the same Wikiloc account:
- Unpair your Garmin device from your Wikiloc account
- Pair your Garmin device to your Wikiloc account
In the Wikiloc App for Garmin Connect IQ, I constantly get the "Trail download error / Exceeded maximum number of courses. Some courses not imported".
First, try deleting all of the downloaded trails in your Garmin (go to "Navigate" > "Courses" and delete them one by one). The problem should be solved.
If you still have issues:
- Uninstall the Garmin Wikiloc app.
- Connect your GPS to the computer and update the device to the latest version through Garmin Express.
- Install the Wikiloc app into your Garmin again.
In the Wikiloc App for Garmin Connect IQ, I don't get the notification to identify myself as a Wikiloc user.
Make sure you have the Garmin Connect app open (in the foreground), and that the phone is connected to the Internet.
Inside the signup web page, I don't get the "I'm not a robot" button.
Be sure that you are using Google Chrome as the default browser, also you can sign up directly from the Wikiloc website: https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/signingup.do
How to unpair your Garmin device from your Wikiloc account
Open the Wikiloc app on your Garmin > Press the "up" button or the menu (button with 3 lines) for a few seconds > unpair.
Your Wikiloc account will automatically unpair from the Garmin device.