My Local Copy Trails
Don't have the Wikiloc App yet? Get it here!
Local Copy Trails are App-recorded routes that have not been uploaded to Wikiloc.
By recording a route with the Wikiloc App and leaving the "upload" parameter as unmarked, it is not published online on Wikiloc, and it is saved only locally on your device's Wikiloc App (offline).
- Have you removed or uninstalled and reinstalled Wikiloc's App? Unfortunately, as this file was only stored in the Wikiloc App (not uploaded to the internet), it is impossible to recover it.
- Have you changed your mobile or device? These local trails will not appear on the new mobile. To recover them, if you still have the device and have not deleted the App, you can open the App from the old device and recover it from one of the following options:
- Upload the trail: You will upload it publicly to Wikiloc's Web and Apps. From the web, you can mark it again as "private" and it will be hidden, this time only visible from the Web.
- Export the file: To send yourself the GPS file (by email, for example)
- If you have iOS and an iTunes or iCloud backup: You can recuperate the trails by restoring this backup in the new phone.