What is Wikiloc's TrailRank?
TrailRank is a quality indicator of the trail
It has a value from 0 to 50, and it can increase to 100 if the trail is well-rated by the community.
Wikiloc does not reveal the exact formula of the calculation but there are some aspects that can help you raise your TrailRank:
- Write detailed descriptions of your trails.
- Add good landscape photos from your trails.
- Add good landscape pictures to your trails' Waypoints.
- Have good GPS tracks with a good coordinate density.
- Have trails marked as a favorite by other users.
- Have trails with positive ratings from other users.
If your trails have high quality and are interesting, share them through social networks and you will see the reaction and how it raises your TrailRank!
The TrailRank makes you more visible on Wikiloc!
While searching for trails for the next outdoor excursion through the world map or through the search bar, we always appreciate seeing the best trails first.
For this reason, at Wikiloc the best trails appear:
- At the top of the search listings: Best trails appear from the most to least relevant.
- Once the search map opens up: The best trails appear at higher zoom levels.
The rest of the trails will also appear as the list advances or by approaching a specific area by zooming in on a specific area.