Upload a trail from your Suunto to Wikiloc (MoveScount)
Do you want to know how to upload a trail from your Suunto™ device to Wikiloc?
In order to upload a route from the GPS to your Wikiloc account to most Suunto™ devices, you need to export the track from the Suunto MoveScount™ website to your computer and then upload it to the Wikiloc website.
- Once you have recorded the track with your device, it will be registered in your MoveScount™ account.
- Export the file in a .gpx format from MoveScount™ to your computer:
- Identify one of your trails (moves) in the "Map" and "My Routes" tab by clicking on "Me" or "My Library".
- Choose the activity or "All activities".
- Click on the trail
- A statistics tab will appear on the left side of the screen, click on the bottom-left "Export" button.
- Choose the option "gpx".
- This route will be stored on your computer.
- Go to the GPS Visualizer website, and in the "Get started now" box, click on "upload to GPS file" choose the gpx file.
- On "choose an output format", choose "Google Maps" and click on "Map it"
- A map with your trail will appear. In the top corner, click on "Wikiloc"
- The web will redirect you to the trail upload screen of your Wikiloc profile.
- Make sure the route and the Waypoints are well-selected. Click on "Continue".
- Fill in the fields: Name, description, activity, technical difficulty, privacy, photos
andvideos. Click on "Continue".
- You can now choose to "Add trail buddies" and "share in social networks".