Download trails from your Wikiloc App to your Garmin GPS (Garmin Connect IQ)
Wikiloc for Garmin Connect IQ wonderfully covers the basic need of downloading a trail from Wikiloc to your Garmin GPS in the easiest way possible. Once you have the route in your Garmin, you can rely on the native navigation capabilities of your Garmin to follow the track in the outdoors.
- A compatible Garmin GPS device: Check all compatible devices on the "Compatible Devices" tab.
- The Garmin Connect IQ OS version in your device updated at least to version 2.2.
- A Wikiloc account - Get yours free here
- Wikiloc ConnectIQ App installed on your Garmin GPS - Get it here
- Garmin Connect app updated. Android version at least 3.20.1 and iOS version at least 220.127.116.11.
- Wikiloc App for iOS (version 2.7.9) or Android (version 2.7.16) with a Wikiloc Premium subscription or the former Navigation Pack* - Get it here
* You can download trails from Wikiloc and transfer them to your Garmin as always for free, but we hope you'll find the Wikiloc ConnectIQ App a convenient option to save you time and decide it's worth to get Wikiloc Premium for a tiny fee to discover, download and follow trails in an easier and faster way and helping us out a bit so we can continue improving Wikiloc. Thank you!
How it works
First of all, make sure you have the Wikiloc App for Garmin Connect IQ from the ConnectIQ web installed: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/54505088-813d-4700-afea-a3105366ec6b
Then, be sure that your phone has Internet access and that your Garmin GPS is connected via Bluetooth with Garmin Connect App on your mobile phone. Please refer to the Garmin documentation for how to do this.
Now, open the Wikiloc app for Garmin ConnectIQ. The app will send you a Connect IQ notification to your phone, open it to insert your Wikiloc credentials. Once done, you'll see the message "Connection successful!" in the Wikiloc ConnectIQ App. From here you already have your device linked to your account!
Now you'll see a screen informing that you still don't have trails pending to be transferred.
On your phone, open Wikiloc App, go to “Settings” and ensure that you’re logged in with the same credentials that you’ve entered in Garmin Connect App. Check that “Send to your Garmin” is enabled.
Now you are all set. Find a trail of your interest with the Wikiloc App and tap on “Send to your Garmin” button.
On your Garmin, open the Wikiloc ConnectIQ App and tap on “Continue” or press “Start” to confirm the download.
The trail will be automatically transferred and stored locally into your Garmin GPS.
Can I unlink a device from my account?
The linked devices will appear in your Settings page in the Wikiloc web. Be aware that, once unlinked the Wikiloc ConnectIQ App will ask you to log in again.
I don't have a Wikiloc account yet, how can I signup?
Go to Create your account and enter your email, username, and password. The device will be linked to your account, but it's still pending to validate. Check your inbox, as you should receive a validation email with a link to validate your account. Open it and you'll be set to Send your favorite trails to your Garmin!
In the smartphone Wikiloc App (Android / iOS), there’s no “Send to your Garmin” button.
If the Send to your Garmin button doesn't appear, please open the Wikiloc ConnectIQ App on your Garmin GPS and follow the on-screen instructions.
In the GPS's Wikiloc App, I got an “Error connecting to Wikiloc. Check your phone’s Internet connection” message.
That means that the App cannot reach Wikiloc servers. Double check that you have Internet access on your phone and try again.
In the GPS's Wikiloc App, I got an “Oops! You need to update your Garmin GPS firmware” message.
The Wikiloc ConnectIQ App require software features that have been included in the most recent firmware versions for your Garmin device. You should update your Garmin device firmware.
In the GPS's Wikiloc App, I get a “Check your internet access” message.
In that case, make sure you have the Garmin Connect app open (even in the background).
In the GPS's Wikiloc App, I constantly get a "Trail download error".
First try deleting all of the downloaded trails in your Garmin (go to "Navigate" and delete them one by one). The problem should be solved.
If you still have issues:
- Uninstall the GPS's Wikiloc App
- Connect your GPS to the computer and update the device to the last possible version through Garmin Express
- Install the GPS's Wikiloc App again
In the Garmin Connect IQ App, I don't get the notification to identify myself as a Wikiloc user.
Make sure you have the Garmin Connect APP open (in the foreground)
Inside the signup web screen, I don't get the "I'm not a robot" button.
Be sure that you are using Google Chrome as the default browser, also you can signup using the Wikiloc web directly: https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/signingup.do
How to unlink your Garmin device from your Wikiloc account?
If you press the "menu" button for 3 seconds, the Garmin device will ask if you want to unlink your Wikiloc account. When you press yes, your Wikiloc account will automatically unlink from the Garmin device.